Downtown Racine Corporation
We are the Downtown Racine Corporation
Our mission is to foster economic, social, and cultural diversity by stimulating business development, programming events, and marketing downtown to the community, developers, and tourists. It is our vision that Downtown Racine, with its scenic lakefront and historic Main Street, is the true heart and economic engine of our community; a vibrant and diverse destination to live, shop, explore, and conduct business.
We are a 501(c)3 that works hard every day to make downtown Racine a vibrant and engaging place to live, work and play. We manage the day-to-day economic development efforts, improve the environment and aesthetics, market downtown to residents and tourists and activate downtown with programmed events. In 2018 Racine became one of over forty designated Wisconsin Main Street Communities which offers access to a wide variety of educational resources, training and tools designed to further our revitalization initiatives.
Downtown Racine Corporation is the only organization that is 100% committed and responsible to a thriving and vibrant downtown.
DRC’s Recent Accomplishments:
- Helped foster huge downtown business growth. 20 new businesses opened in 2017 and 23 in 2018. In total Downtown Racine is home to more than 40 restaurants, pubs and coffeehouses, over 50 retail shops and galleries and 3 museums.
- Host to 64 free events in 2018 which brought over 25,000 people to downtown Racine and had an economic impact of 1.3 million dollars
- Became a designated WI Main Street Community in July of 2018 and designated as an affiliate Main Street America™ program by the National Main Street Center in April of 2019.
- Facilitated the free Ice Rink on Monument Square the last 2 years
- One of the only communities in the nation that has hosted a public art project for 18 years.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dave Kamm, CPA, Kamm Consulting LLC
Immediate Past Chairman
Jim Venturini – David Insurance
Katie Matteson, Belle City Magazine
Derek Petersen, Johnson Bank
Tony Bigonia, Uncorkt
Member At Large
Jim Palenick, City Administrator, City of Racine
Jeff Coe, 1st District Alderman
MT Boyle, Racine County
Samuel Christensen, Racine County
Tom Landreman, Reefpoint Brew House
Anthony Porcaro, Indian Motorcycle of Racine
Dimple Navratil, Dimple’s Imports
Andrea Scharding, Feiner Plumbing
Leah Wyant, Wyant Law
Ben Klenke, Baird
Austin Schultz, Plumb Gold
Chris Hefel, The Blake Building
Email: Kelly Kruse
Event & Public Relations Manager
Email: Andrew Ward
VISITORS INFORMATION CENTER
Downtown Racine Corporation Office
425 Main Street, (262) 634-6002
Are you interested in volunteering with the Downtown Racine Corporation? There are many volunteer opportunities for various programs in the City of Racine. Please visit this page frequently for updated volunteer opportunities.
Please fill out the form below to get involved in Party on the Pavement on Saturday, September 21.