Business IMprovement District #1
Business Improvement District Downtown Racine
The Downtown Business Improvement District #1 (BID) was formed in 2002. The BID is managed by the Downtown Racine Corporation.
BID funds have been used to provide the following Downtown amenities:
- Public Service Ambassadors (PSA) who are walking concierges offering guidance, resources, security and goodwill to Downtown residents, workers and visitors.
- Added security on Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Sidewalk and curb cleaning
- Downtown holiday lights and wreaths
- Downtown street banners
- Downtown sidewalk plantings and hanging baskets
- Marketing of downtown as a great place to live, work and play
- Creation of downtown mobile app (Racine Downtown)
2019 BID Operating Plan
- Mark Levine, Chairman (Property Owner)
- Jeff Coe (1st District Alderman, Ex Officio)
- Joey LeGath (Business and Property Owner)
- Matt Sadowski (City Employee)
- Ed Scharding, Treasurer (Business and Property Owner)
- Dean Rosenberg, Secretary (Business and Property Owner)
- Andrew Dodge (Downtown Employee)
- Michelle Schimian (Business Owner)
- Kelly Kruse (BID Manager)
Email: Kelly Kruse
Find our app in your App Store under the name Downtown Racine App.
Download our Mobile App
Available for Apple and Android
Search RACINE DOWNTOWN in the App Store
- Easily search for businesses
- check out latest events
- Find parking nearby
- Custom notifications from your favorite shops & restaurants